Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday's online report

Sunday Poker update

Not so much to report today because I was playing bridge with Keith at Hazel’s club – first round qualifying for the Canadian Championships.

But I did enter two online tournaments this evening and by accident one of them was a Hi Lo limit stud poker game – which I have never ever played before. I got the hang of it pretty quickly; seemed like people were reluctant to hit the fold button – so lots of calling stations. The original field of around 170 was down to 90 or so when my internet connection to FTP went down. Dead. Down. Can’t get it back. And I was chip leader at my table too!

Same time I was in a KO tournament with around 1500 entrants and there were 400 or so left when the connection went dead. I was not in such a strong position, but I was about to triple up (maybe I did?) when the connection went dead.

I still had internet – just no connection to FTP. Quite frustrating. Could have been worse I suppose – I had just missed qualifying for the $750,000 guarantee which began at 6 pm EST this evening. This morning before I left the house I took two cracks at qualifying.

I suffered a sad bad beat to be eliminated from one of them. Got all our chips in the middle when I began with K10o and the flop was K106.

The villain made a continuation bet which I raised, and he shoved all in. I called and he turned over 76 suited in diamonds (none of which were on the board)

The turn was a 6 and the river a 7 for good measure (he didn’t need the full house – the set already had me beaten)

The villain was playing at 18 tables at the time he beat me – so I cannot credit him with too much forethought to his plays. How do people do that???

Anyway, I am on the sidelines, my stacks being blinded and ante’d away in the two events I was in when FTP went offline for me.

No comments: