Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vegas in August part 10 - the final day - mostly BJ

This morning I played some DD before my swim and caught $350 more. After swim and lunch and a nap, we just went down to the tables for our last evening in town. I noted the changing of the cards again; gave the new decks a whirl but they were too choppy, so I told Sveta I had to keep distracted for 10 - 15 minutes till the cards got worked in - so here I am working on this blog entry.

Fast forward to 10 PM, and we had another great dinner - this time at Sushi Samba in the Palazzo - though we ate no sushi - unless you count the kobe beef roll. a mix of Peruvian, Brazilian, and Japanese dishes in their three different kitchens. We like to bring guests here - they usually really like it.

The blackjack before dinner was boring and non eventful. We ebbed and flowed (taking turns with the same chips) and unfortunately our playing partners in 4th seat and anchor got tired of hitting their 15's and 16's against the dealer's face cards.

The first time it happened, I stayed in the shoe - against my normal principles - I got lucky to win the next hand with a blackjack, before dealer pulled a 6 card 21 on the other players. Then I remembered why I usually sit out in such situations.

I decided to give them a second chance in the next shoe. It was going to be our last shoe before dinner anyway as the supervisor staff were lurking with freshly minted cards to poison our chip stacks with.

But our playing partners were not up to the task again, and we lost 3 $75 bets in a row; the third happening after another brake-stop on 16 against dealer's 8.

The session ended down a bet or two - nothing to show for our time at the table, but no damage either.

I am assuming I am done for the trip. Although our results have been pretty modest, and I failed to cash in my three poker tourneys, it was still a real good time - as it usually is. Airfares and entry fees covered; food and room comped; and a wee bit extra for the stash. It's all good.

No comments: